From what was a complete failure to one of the most played and loved MMORPGs and that was also awarded the MMO award of the year in 2013.
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn is a title whose community grows daily, but many of them doubt at the beginning in what class they will be made, the specialization that they will have later, the race and many other aspects that influence the adventure and our avatar, that’s why same we bring you a small start guide that we hope will help you to start a great adventure in the magical and fantastic world of Eorzea.
First of all, the race. In Eorzea there are five races, and each race is divided into two clans, which change in attributes but really at a good level hardly influence. So we have the Hyur (Midlanders & Highlanders) who would be like humans, Miqo’te (Seekers of the Sun & Keepers of the Moon), who are like humans with ears and cat’s tail, Elezen (Wildwood & Duskwight), who is the closest thing to the elves, Roegadyn (Sea Wolves & Hellsguard) and finally Lalafell (Plainsfolk & Dunesfolk) who are nice creatures of short stature but no less dangerous.
Let’s now turn to what really matters, the classes, which in this game are divided into four sections, Disciples of War, Disciples of Magic, Disciples of the Hand and Disciples of the Land.
Disciples of War:
– Gladiator: The classic defensive tank that uses swords and shields along with heavy armor.
– Marauder: Offensive tank with a large ax and heavy armor.
– Pugilist: DPS with martial arts moves that can equip fist weapons.
– Lancer: DPS that uses spears to attack and a variety of combos.
– Archer: Remote DPS that uses arcs to attack.
– Rogue: Melee DPS with stealth moves and assassin-style attacks that used knives and daggers
Disciples of Magic:
– Conjurer: is the healer, use wands / staffs to heal the allies, apply beneficial states and also use some spells to defend themselves.
– Thaumaturge: the classic black magician, since it is a dps that uses different types of spells to damage the opponent.
– Arcanist: Another DPS that uses books and “pets” that adapt to combat depending on the situation.
Disciples of the Hand:
– Carpenter: It uses wood to make bows, staffs, shields, tools and furniture (for the theme of housing).
– Blacksmith: Uses metals to make weapons of all kinds.
– Armorer: Uses metals to make heavy armor and shields.
– Goldsmith: Use stones and metals to create accessories such as earrings, rings and pendants.
– Leatherworker: Use all types of leather to turn them into leather armor.
– Weaver: He uses thread and cloth to make cloth armor.
– Alchemist: Use a variety of ingredients to make potions and consumables.
– Culinary: Chef who cooks all kinds of dishes that provide various bonuses when consumed.
Disciples of the Land:
– Miner: Extract materials and discover metals and gems that can be used later to make various items.
– Botanist: Harvest trees, collect crystals and materials to use later in the creation of potions and other objects.
– Fisher: Who does not like to relax in lakes and fish?
The jobs are not exactly a class, but a specialization of the basic classes that are normally achieved by equipping a “Soul Crystal” that is obtained by fulfilling specific objectives for each class as well as carrying out the guild’s missions. So the available jobs are:
– Paladin: is a combination of Gladiator, which must be at level 30, and Conjurer, which must be at 15.
– Warrior: is a combination of Marauder, which should be at level 30, and Gladiator, which should be at 15.
– Monk: is a combination of Pugilist, which must be at level 30, and Lancer, which must be at 15.
– Dragoon: is a combination of Lancer, who must be at level 30 and Marauder, who must be at 15.
– Bard: is a combination of Archer, who must be at level 30 and Conjurer, who must be at 15.
– White Mage: is a combination of Conjurer, which must be at level 30 and Arcanist, which must be at 15.
– Black Mage: is a combination between Thaumaturge, which must be at level 30 and Arcanist, which must be at 15.
– Summoner: is a combination between Arcanist, which must be at level 30 and Thaumaturge, which must be at 15.
– Scholar: is a combination between Arcanist, which must be at level 30 and Conjurer, which must be at 15.
– Ninja: is an upgrade of Rogue, which must be at level 30.
– Dark Knight: this job was included in the Heavensward expansion and you can be one of them coming to Ishgard.
– Machinist: this job was included in the Heavensward expansion and you can be one of them by reaching Ishgard.
Finally, emphasize that there are no more powerful classes than others, or races that are better or worse. Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn is a fairly balanced title and it is always recommended to be what strikes you the most. Personally I started with a Gladiator but I ended up being a Dragoon (I’m going more with the DPS roll) so we hope we have helped with this guide and do not hesitate to come to Eorzea. Several members of the web are waiting for you at the Zodiark server. Also, you have 14 trial days on any platform to try it right now. Final Fantasy XIV Gil is an important part of the game. Without these currencies, you won’t be able to realize success in the game.